Thursday, July 16, 2009

Investing Philosophy

I am a regular guy just like who. Perhaps like you I have lost 40% of what I invested in the market meltdown of 2008 and 2009.

But I have also made significant profits on stocks that I bought and held as a 20 something old in India. I am thankful to my father for teaching the values of frugality and clear thinking on what to buy and why.

After the recent carnage, surely every one realizes that investing for the long terms, the next 5 to 10 year horizon, can only be done by investing in the developing countries. Any one read or heard about the concept of Marketing to Bottom of the Pyramid. Those familiar with the web economy, think of micro-payments applied at a massive scale. That is what the developing nations represent.

When it comes to developing nations, India is probably the country that I know best having lived and grown up there and having a connection to that society.

Since I live outside of India, I will try and list stocks that overseas residents can buy.

I will not be suggesting prices you buy stocks at but will list stocks that I believe will strongly rise over the long term (5+ years).

I have deliberately titled the blog "Investing With India" as I believe that is the best way to make money. As India invests in her own future, being a participant in that process will yield, good, solid and yes, stable returns.

Happy reading

Harmit Singh Kamboe

No comments: